Communications Officer – 911 Dispatcher
The Pearl Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Communications Officer. To apply for this position, interested persons shall be at least eighteen (18) years of age. Applicants should possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. Applicants shall have NO previous felony convictions or ANY convictions for domestic violence.
Applicants must agree to a selection process to include:
- Typing test (for proficiency)
- Extensive Interview to include a separate in-home interview
- Background Investigation
- Drug Screen
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operating telephone, radio and other telecommunications equipment
- Answering emergency and distress calls
- Dispatching public safety personnel (Police and Fire) to calls for service
- Responding to inquiries by the public and other government agencies
- Interacting with other city, county, state and federal agencies and personnel
To apply for this position, please click the link below OR apply in person at the Pearl Police Department, located at 2561 Old Brandon Road Pearl, MS 39208.