Pearl Municipal Deputy Court Clerk
The Municipal Court of Pearl is seeking an individual to serve in the position of Deputy Court Clerk. Deputy Clerks perform specialized clerical and administrative work in the Pearl Court Services office. This involves, but is not limited to interacting with the public in a courteous and professional manner, processing initial filings, searching computer generated data to answer questions and updating computer records.
As a Deputy Clerk, you may perform a variety of duties such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Process payments at a cash register.
- Answer phone calls.
- Process cases, produce records, and maintain case files in the courtroom and court file room during court sessions.
- Must be able to respond to and assist customers face to face in a variety of situations. This includes responding to requests, resolving customer issues, and forwarding clearly documented information to appropriate staff when further action is required.
- Ability to work effectively with other staff
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal skills;
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Minor lifting and reaching will be required due to working with case files and boxes.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills are required.
- Office experience preferred.
*This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM, with possible extended hours on court days, or as needed.
High School Diploma or equivalent
We are accepting Applications until Friday, February 22, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Applications can be picked up at either the Pearl Police Department or Pearl City Hall.
Please return all applications to the Court Administrator at 2561 Old Brandon Road OR the City Clerk at 2420 Old Brandon Road, Pearl, MS 39208.